Sunday, September 25, 2011

tiny trinkets in a mother’s handbag…

It’s a modest carryall, bereft of any name brand fineries. But it was a gift from a precious and loving soul and I cherish it. Filled to the brim and reminding me of Mary Poppins’ carpet bag, I am a bit disconcerted when someone has the unfortunate experience of having to venture into my purse to find something. Though cluttered, that jumbled bag harbors several little unassuming trinkets that are near and dear to my heart. Each bitsy whatnot filled with sentiment and serving as a reminder of the blessings in my life.  
In case you are wondering, I wasn’t transparent enough to include all the contents of my purse in this picture. J
Spoons…reminder of a tiny, bird-like mouth open in anticipation of his lunch
Cell phone…conversation and laughter with long-distance friends
Socks...chubby, kissable baby feet
Cosmetics…the God-given feminine love for beautiful things


Pacifier...cuddles with a sleepy little buddy
Wallet…the provision of the Lord for our every need
Pepper spray…the physical capacity to defend myself…look out, assailants!
Tide-to-go & hand sanitizer…scientific inventions that make my life so much easier...
Sunglasses...the warmth of the sun on my face

The act of blessing-counting fills my soul with such joy. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment