Wednesday, September 28, 2011

a forgiven daughter of Eve



It happened again. I allowed my heart to wander from the One who cherishes me more than I could ever comprehend. Several days with a closed Bible and now a feeling of shameful emptiness. A loving tug at my heartstrings brings me back to His feet and there is peace...there is humility...there is joy. His forgiveness is astounding. Oh, how beautiful the Crimson River that washes sin away!


How can it be that God would desire communion with the likes of me? I was once the fallen daughter of Eve, now saved and made to stand by the blood of the only begotten Son of God. This blood makes me (Wonder of wonders!) the daughter God. And as His daughter He desires constant communion. Its awe-inspiring that the King of Kings would find joy in my laughter and pleasure at the sound of my meager offering of praise. The One who effortlessly measures the vastness of the galaxies with the span of His hand has condescended in love to me.


This is my story....this is my song...


Jesus, help me praise you all the day long!

(photo obtained through google images - website womeninthebible.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment